Selecting which college to attend is a big decision and we in the Office of Student Housing know just how important it is to find out the information that you need to make the right choice. GTF Student Housing offers the opportunity for students that attend Greenville Tech to live on the Barton Campus.
This makes all of your classes within walking distance and it provides all residents a college community to live within. Residents of GTF Student Housing will also be able to easily connect with the programs and activities offered through the Office of Student Activities.
GTF Student Housing is an apartment style living-learning community located on the Barton Campus of Greenville Technical College (GTC). It offers full-time students of GTC an independent living experience.
Each student who resides in GTF Student Housing:
· Will have a private bedroom
· Will share a common living area and kitchen
· May share a common bathroom with the other residents of his or her apartment
GTF Student Housing does not offer a dining hall or other meal service
· Each apartment has a full kitchen
· Residents are responsible for purchasing food and cooking their own meals.
Health and Safety inspections take place regularly throughout of the semester
· Each resident is responsible for keeping his or her bedroom clean and orderly
· Each resident is responsible for keeping common areas clean and orderly including:
o Living room area
Each building in GTF Student Housing provides a laundry room for the use of residents
· Each resident is responsible for washing and drying his or her own clothes, linens, and other personal items.
· Machines are available using reloadable "Smart Cards", which may be purchased in the Community Center.
The Student Housing buildings are located approximately 500 yards from the center of the Barton Campus. Residents must be able to independently navigate to the academic and administrative buildings. Please note that transportation is not provided by GTF Student Housing or Greenville Technical College around any campuses or to locations off campus, including other GTC campuses. However, the Barton Campus is a stop on the GreenLink bus system, and more information can be found on the GreenLink website.
Please take some time to explore the three different apartment styles that GTF Student Housing offers. I would also encourage you to take some time and review all of the Frequently Asked Questions. These FAQs will provide you with answers to many of the questions that you already have as you begin the Student Housing Application process.
Lastly, please note that all applications must be submitted online. Please click on the "Apply for Housing" button to the right to apply for Student Housing and pay the $40.00 application fee.
Applications for the Fall 2013 semester are currently being accepted. Priority deadline for the Fall semester is May 1st, and the final deadline for Fall applications is July 15th.
Assignments are no longer being made for the Summer 2013 semester.